Clinical Psychology Registrar
The decision to undertake any psychological work may feel confusing and daunting, so Leigh strongly values the importance of providing a safe and relaxed environment for people to explore and come to the necessary choices toward growth and change.
Leigh has trained and worked as a psychologist since 1997 and he draws upon this experience across numerous roles he has undertaken across the community, educational, government and private service areas. He enjoys working with a wide range of issues and has a passionate interest in the impacts of family and domestic violence and promoting non-violence in the community.
Leigh values the importance of forming a strong, collaborative relationship with his clients and has a flexible approach that values each clients’ unique experience and life circumstances. He draws upon a
range of evidenced-based approaches including cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), schema therapy (ST), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), solution-focussed therapy (SFT) and mindfulness-based strategies.
Leigh enjoys working with:
- Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, social anxiety, illness/health anxiety and generalized anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar and related disorders
- Issues relating to family of origin or relationship difficulties
- Low mood, stress, adjustment to significant live events
- Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) - Swinburne University of Technology
- Post-Graduate Diploma Applied Psychology - Swinburne University of Technology
- Graduate Certificate Social Science (Male Family Violence) - Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor Arts (Psychology) - Swinburne University of Technology
Leigh Parkin (ABN 89 813 686 281) is an independent psychologist practicing from the MPC consulting rooms.